Sunday 15 December 2013

Liminal Spaces - Building Photography

I wanted to also look into liminal spaces in decrepit buildings so I went about it in a similar way to the spaces in nature.


I love this shot - I think it is to do with all the sharp, linear angles and then the wobbly red hand rail.





This shot is also interesting, the coat hanging on a pillar adds an almost eerie feel to the image and also prevents it from being too cluttered with all the items in the background. 



There are so many spaces to play with that I'm almost a little swamped with these images. I think I'll go about cutting them up with a craft knife as I did with the tree/cave images to highlight the spaces that really catch my eye. I also want to collage these but I also think it would be interesting to combine these very industrial man made liminal spaces with the liminal spaces I found in nature. 
I also want to start illustrating these with drawn characters although I'm not too sure how to do this just yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment