Sunday 15 December 2013

Liminal Space - Observational Drawing / Drawing Week


Observational Drawing


I chose this space as a starting point - as soon as liminal space was mentioned this area came to mind. As I started to draw it I began to realize there were several things I found fascinating about it. I noticed the large amount of different angles all stuck together, such as the arch of the "snack station" with the sharp diagonal outline of the staircase above it. I began to focus on these shapes.


Also the emptiness of the entire hallway seem to juxtapose with the modern, ultra high tech layout of the room. All the bright lights and signs seem give the feel of a gathering area, yet people just passed through - barely talking.



I began to focus on the silhouettes of people simply moving through the space, mainly with heads down and no socializing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment