Sunday 15 December 2013

Liminal Spaces - Artist Inspiration


Me, With My Head in the Clouds



I came across this artist when searching for artists that work on liminal spaces. At first it was just a spread on liminal spaces she had done in a written book - this caught my eye mainly because of the working in an old book. However, after more thought I realized that the pages of a book ARE a liminal space - there is a whole other world in those words yet we only pass by; we can't physically step through or remain in that world. I thought this would be a good place for me to explore my work into liminal spaces further.

Romany WG





This artist caught my eye as he focuses on capturing images that incorporate caricatures into liminal spaces, or in his case - derelict buildings. I love this combination and would also like to look into derelict buildings as a liminal space as I have always been drawn to abandoned spaces and would like to explore what it is about them that interests me.  On the other hand, his work also seemed quite similar with what I was trying to do by drawings figures passing through the space - as if trying to inject a bit of life into a liminal space.


No comments:

Post a Comment