Saturday 17 January 2015

Class - Observational Drawings

As I sit and draw I find myself drawn much more towards those I categorise as working class. As I draw them I know that I prefer their lined faces, eyes that actually look around and interact with their surroundings and their open actions. They look happy, sad, drawn, stressed, angry - there is no pretending or putting up appearances with them. They're out with their friends or alone shopping or simply walking around taking in everything around them. I start to pay attention to how I define them, making lists and collecting quotes and in the end creating little scenes myself applying the lists to them. 


I know now that I want to focus on the stereotypes of Working Class. I want to explore these stereotypes and reveal the nature behind them, to get a little more understanding of their situations and shed some light on the real deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment