Monday 24 February 2014

Grand Masters - Ryan Trecartin and Poor Image

An artist I have had in mind right from deciding I wanted to focus on Poor Image is Ryan Trecartin. 


Trecartin also uses video to depict modern day scenes and poor image. Filmed on mobile phones, shaky images and rubbish computer editing - his videos are bizarre and fascinating. Although the characters in the films are exaggerated, they are remarkably relatable therefore making the films funny. 
As I wanted to recreate The King Drinks through video and photography - I kept Trecartin's work in mind. I want the recreation to be hazy and confusing, told from each of the character in the painting's perspective - almost through "selfies". 
I have began to gather footage of drunken nights out, poor camera quality and people at their worst. I have also edited these to almost recreate the feeling of being drunk. I really like the finished videos but I want to put noise to them again and then I need to edit them all together in order to recreate the whole scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment