Monday 24 February 2014

Grand Masters - The Tate 1840's GIF Party


 By chance I stumbled upon this GIF on tumblr which I thought was hilarious and also linked to the kind of thing I wanted to achieve. They have transformed an old piece of art by using modern day technology. Whilst this doesn't use poor image, it does express the obsession with images off the internet as GIFs are moving images that circulate the internet.


Beneath the image it said that there was going to be an exhibition at Tate Britain called 1840's GIF party, that showed how modern technology is used in art today. I decided to go along and it was brilliant. There were some hilarious twists on old work that were really clever - I knew I needed to find out how to make GIFs and to use them in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment