Tuesday 6 May 2014

text - using green screen

Now I've got to grips with how to edit videos, I wanted to have a go at creating my own music videos similar to the 80's ones I posted before. As I've never used a green screen before, the blending is a little blotchy but in the end I quite like the effect as it makes it look more like poor image which is eventually what I am aiming for.
In the definition of "kitsch" it states that "Kitsch generally includes unsubstantial or gaudy works or decoration, or works that are calculated to have popular appeal."
To create videos that are unsubstantial, gaudy pieces of decoration means that they have to be pretty meaningless but fun to watch. After thinking about this I decided to simply film someone dancing around, but not particularly good or wild dancing. I over dressed Jess in bright gaudy clothes, as if she herself were a mantlepiece for as much makeup and jewellery as possible. 


Using the green screen in after effects was surprisingly easy, and I edited the finished film so that there was so much going on it was difficult to look at, every part of it was unbearably kitsch.

No comments:

Post a Comment