Tuesday 6 May 2014

text - kitsch style photography

Continuing from my previous preference to capturing images of derelict buildings, I decided to do the shooting of my videos and photographs around abandoned houses. I think this contrasts well with the bright, overly colourful editing of the images. 



I really like the style of these images, they remind me of characters within video games. This was easier to achieve with photographs but is also what I would like my videos to look like. As I am trying to illustrate the definition of kitsch, these images are relevant as they look ultimately computer edited - computers being the most popular thing in modern culture.
I would like to create more images like this but to convert them into GIF's so that they move - much like GIFriends work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment