Monday 17 March 2014

Text - GIFRIENDS

I have been making videos and editing them to create layers of images but I feel like I am becoming a little bit lost as to where my work is heading. I realised that I hadn't done any artist research recently and this may be why I'm losing inspiration.
As always I began on tumblr scrolling through the artist pages that I follow which eventually brought me round to discover GIFRIENDS.
It was bizarre as they seemed to be looking at the same thing as me in my previous project - images of people partying or just doing their own thing, and made these into tacky kitsch GIF's.



By looking at these I realise that I have lost excitement for my work and this is showing. My images are becoming dull and bland and I need to start working on putting brighter colours and patterns into the images, I also need to capture more moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment