Wednesday 29 January 2014

Grand Masters - Brass Art: The Imagining of Things




After a visit to Huddersfield Art Gallery, I found the Brass Art exhibition particularly fascinating. The exhibition consisted of a combination of victorian scenes and images converted into modern 3D kinetic technology. The juxtaposition of the old images with the technology was bizarre and slightly sinister; this was increased by the mysterious soundtrack put together by Alistair Macdonald, confused whispered narration and nostalgic noises.
This use of modern technology seemed to fit with my idea of using the poor image to illustrate historical images - the difference being Brass Art used the best technology whilst I am interested in using the worst.
However - I like the idea of exploring historical images through modern day technology, this is the kind of thing I am interested in doing for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment